Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We're Criminals! 11/18/09

It's been a while since I posted here, and I must tell you that knowing me -- I will revert back and forth to current events to past events --it's just the way I remember them and keep them in perspective in my head. One important note: although there are many times that I actually post the humorous thoughts after the fact, those ideas are actually going through my head at the time.
I really mean it when I say that I saw "the funny" when something happened... sometimes it may take me some time to put it in verbal perspective that someone else could handle... laughter is my out, my sanity-keeper.
Having said that -- we are fortunate that we have already received the keys to our home that arrived on 11/7/09. (shhh! you aren't supossed to receive the keys until you've closed on the loan and signed all the thousands of things you have to sign!) We've been walking through with family & friends, showing them all the neat stuff we changed and customized just for us. The two sides of the house got joined last weekend, and WOW! things seemed really BIG after that.
One thing: we had the most fun tonight --- Scotty & Willie finished connecting the sewer & water; electricity was connected by Terry over the weekend....
We are rebels, we... So we gathered up our robes, our slippers, our beverages, our soap, towels, and most importantly: a heater that Scotty plugged in about an hour ago.
I haven't had a bath in a year. Granted, we are so fortunate to have co-workers who will make sure we have a roof over our heads. I don't know what we would have done without Pat Butler...But let me tell you -- that bath was the bomb! Scotty took a shower in our shower area that we don't like -- re-bath to the rescue soon. We will have that sheetrock damaged in no time... One shower tonight, and the wall was already wet!
We actually danced a jig around the tub -- and around the shower -- we are indeed blessed. More dancing to come as we actually move in--- right now we are just so happy!

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. You are crazy! But I'm happy that you are getting to a place of getting re-settled. Hope to get invite to the 'house warming' (no pun meant here) and can bring Kimmie.

    ReplyDelete