Friday, September 25, 2009

Wow! I'm really in cyberspace...

So... I decided that I would actually act on my compulsion to write and comment about things that are important to me. I signed up at www.associatedcontent.com and published an article the first day. After reading some of the other articles on the site I wondered if I wanted to be associated with editors who allowed grammatical errors to be posted out there for all to see...


I am proud of my first article. The assigned content was about alternative medicine, and I used my current acupuncture treatments to feed the article. My sister and friends graciously emailed everyone in their address book to increase my page views, all to the tune of a few cents for views. Not that I mind the low pay for untested work. After all, I'm not a professional writer, just someone who likes the written word.


In any case, I hope you enjoy reading my views on whatever. This one's not very funny, but then again, sometimes days aren't funny.


I usually laugh in the face of diversity, hence the title. Sometimes laughter is hard to come by. When it is, I usually work really hard and create fun things to bring the laughter back.


For instance, (I'll make this the short version!@ really!) our house burned down in October 2008. Since then, we have been camping out in a travel trailer, or really, three trailers. We have an 18-wheeler trailer that we bought for storage about a month before the house burned down. We also have a travel trailer borrowed from a friend and a FEMA trailer borrowed from a friend. We actually have a north, west, and south home -- we are rich indeed!


We have shared with friends that we are the epitome of redneck. How is it that you send things to Jeff Foxworthy for inclusion in the "You Might Be A Redneck..." series? For example, you might be a redneck if your hot tub costs more than the three trailers you are currently living out of... That's the first thing we replaced -- we use the hot tub for therapy almost daily.


We are impatiently waiting for the new manufactured home to arrive; we ordered five weeks ago yesterday. I must admit that even though we have created fun activities for the travel trailer, I am more than ready to move into the house! I'll share some of the stupid things we've tried to keep from going crazy in a future post.


In the mean time, thanks for reading, and stay tuned for information about relationships, attending school while working full time, laughter, the great things about dogs, and how to keep your sanity while caring for your attention-starved goat.

No comments:

Post a Comment